The Place I Call Home

The Place I Call Home
Nashville After Dark

Saturday, January 16, 2010



Today, two photography friends, my daughter and myself went to Lost Creek Cave in Sparta TN to capture this waterfall.  We made an attempt to go last Saturday, but the roads we very treacherous and we didn't want to risk it.  This place is amazing.  In 1993, Disney filmed part of The Jungle Book at this location.  The erected a massive monorail on one side of the cliff and used it to bring equipment and people up and down while filming, unfortunately they dismantled the monorail upon completion of the movie, it would have been interesting to see the monorail.  We ran into a local at this place who informed us that the cave located behind us also contained a waterfall that was as large or larger than the one pictured.  I plan on making another trip to go explore the cave and find the waterfall within. We stayed and hiked and took pictures at this place for about an hour.


We then headed over to Rock Island State Park to take some pictures there.  Mike and Marti had never been there until today, and they were very pleased with what they saw.  The picture here is of the Great Falls, which is the main draw of this park, but there are also several smaller falls and cascades, which make this one of my favorite places to view/shoot waterfalls.  The water from this waterfall comes out of the rocks about 3/4 of the way up.  It is truly amazing.

My goal this year is to take pictures of as many waterfalls in Tennessee as I possibly can.  I am very blessed to have a daughter who doesn't mind going along and a group of fellow photographers who are always going to different locations to shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment